Learn the art of brewing through fermenting, distilling, and barrel aging on ImperiumMC. Experience how from spring water and wheat, through hard work, a cool beer is created. Distill high-proof liquor, which gets that unique taste after some aging in oak barrels. Celebrate the biggest feasts you can imagine and always keep a cheerful atmosphere. Fill the taverns with laughter and loud music, while the drunkards scuffle on the streets.
Unlike in vanilla Minecraft, it is not as easy as adding an Ingredient to a Brewing Stand and waiting for it to finish. Depending on the Recipe the whole process can be difficult and time-consuming. Some recipes may need a high precision when it comes to Ingredients or any other step in the process. If one step was not good enough, the quality of the potions may suffer, leading to side effects like bad alcohol and other toxins.
Depending on the recipe, some steps may not be needed, the following instructions describe the common procedure of brewing.
Step one consists of fermenting the fresh ingredients.
- 1.Place a cauldron over a fire or other heat source
- 2.Fill it with water
- 3.Add ingredients by right-clicking
- 4.Wait a few minutes while they ferment (required time varies between drink)
- 5.Fill in glass bottles
Use a clock on a cauldron, if you want to know the time the ingredients have been fermenting.
Some recipes don't need distilling, however, for the recipes that do, follow the following procedures:
- 1.Put the bottle with ferment into the brewing stand
- 2.Put glowstone dust as a filter on top into the brewing stand (The filter will not be consumed)
Some drinks may only need one cycle ( one full arrow of the brewing stand ), and some others may need more.
A barrel is needed for aging.
The vanilla barrel can be used for tje aging of a few brews. Simply craft and place the barrel and put the brews inside.
You can also build bigger barrels. They can be built in two ways:
Use 8 wooden stairs to build a barrel shape.
Place a sign on the lower right side and write "Barrel" in the upper line:
Message "Barrel created" should appear.
Use 5 ences, 16 wooden stairs, and 18 wood planks to build a barrel shape. Attach a fence and a sign that has "Barrel" written on it:
Message "Barrel created" should appear You may remove the sign from the big barrel after creating it.
Open the barrel by clicking on it.
- Put the bottles into the barrels for aging.
- For every Minecraft day, the brews will age a year.
- Depending on the recipe, the type of wood used for building the barrel may alter the quality of the aged brew.
- The vanilla built-in barrel is always of wood type oak in this case.
The more alcohol within a drink, the more drunk one will become upon drinking it. Depending on the quality of the drunk, it may have different effects.
- The player may not be able to walk normally anymore, they will weave, making it almost impossible to walk straight
- Effects like blindness, confusion, poison etc. occur.
- The chat will be altered depending on drunkenness: many things players write may be incomprehensible, sometimes it seems senseless.
- If the alcohol is particularly strong, it may have poisonous effects
- After drinking a lot, there is a chance of vomiting.
- When logging off, the player may have difficulties reaching his character, thus some log-ins shortly after may be denied.
- After overdrinking, the player may faint (Disconnecting).
You can just give your created brews to other players and they might even put them back into a Barrel to keep aging them. But if you wish to sell them through a shop, you are required to deposit exactly the same items and this is where sealing comes in. Imagine it like putting a seal on the bottle.
- To sell brews using slab shops, you will need to seal them using the Brew Sealing Table.
- It is crafted with 2 Bottles over 4 Planks
- Putting a brew into the Sealing table will equalize it, making it equal to other brews that have been brewed similarly.
- Sealed brews cannot be aged or modified any further and they don't show their details anymore
After drinking it takes a while until the alcohol is completely gone. During that time the alcohol level is steadily decreasing. It can also be decreased by eating bread, drinking milk, or drinking water.
If the brew was of poor quality, you may face some side effects such as slowness and hunger.